Thursday 30 August 2012

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation

I thought I'd have a go at reviewing my favourite foundation. I have tried hundreds over the years and never quite found 'The One' this is the closest I have found. I've not been asked by Mac to review this product and am not afiliated with them in any way I just love this product. Firstly this is a semi matte finish which means it provides a medium to heavy coverage. But that does not mean it makes you look like your wearing a mask. It's all to do with what you want from your foundation. I wear this almost every day and adapt its coverage depending on what I'm doing that day or night.



Before starting I would cleanse and moisturise to enable a clean canvas. If I want a light coverage I would apply Studio Fix with a dampened sponge lightly pressing into the skin. I'll then finish with a very light powder to set the foundation. If I want a skin true finish I'll mix the foundation before application with a serum (e.g. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair or any other you have in your kit) then apply with my fingers (the heat from the fingers helps to blend). This is then finished with a light dusting of powder. If I want a luminous finish I'll mix Studio Fix with some Mac Strobe Cream which gives a light refelctive quality (not sparkly!) I'd skip the powder for this one. Now if I want full coverage (but not cakey) I'll apply a pea sized amount of Mac prep & prime Face Protect then apply Studio Fix with a flat head foundation brush & finish with Mac Mineralized pressed powder lightly buffed into the skin (this is skin true and not heavy).
I hope this helps anybody who was considering purchasing this product or unsure of its application. Remember make up is fun and you can do with it as you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment