Thursday 21 February 2013

I had a little break

Hi, I took a little break from bloging and have now decided to return...whoo hoo!

I injured my spine last year when the handle of a box of tiles I was carrying broke. I caught them but felt a hot jolt of pain in my lower back. After a trip to physio I developed a large lump on my sacrem (lower back). So I have been back and forth to doctors and hospital and am awaiting my MRI results. I may have a prolapsed disc (no one is really sure what I have - it is not reassuring when all doctors say 'Ive never seen anything like that in my life'!). I have also been told I have a curved spine and one leg longer than the other - I never even realised!

So it's been a bit depressing and upsetting as my movement has been very limited, bizarely sitting down is the most painful and I'm unable to sit properly. It's amazing how we can take for granted painfree movement. However it's not all been bad as I've received a lot of help from my family and partner. I have to say a massive thank you to everyone who's helped, especially my mom and dad for all those shopping trips and OH for putting up with my moaning and making me lovely meals!


Onwards and upwards!


Ooops!! Forgot to say thanks to Pip for making me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment